Whether you live in Crete, or you’re just visiting, Elafonisi is a place
you’ve certainly heard of. It’s ranked as one of the best beaches in
the world. A natural reserve, known for it’s pink sand and bautiful
lagoon. It’s a must-see for anyone in Crete. The way to this famous
beach is paved with myth and legend. There are many things
hidden in the twists and turns of the road.
As with every place in Crete, there is a story to be told..
A tour of the southwest, where we get to swim in the famous beach of Elafonisi, but also discover all the secrets of the land on the way! A perfect day to capture the essence of summer.
- Our first stop is the village of Topolia, where we find a unique workshop. The artist that works there and his team create beautiful art pieces and handmade trinkets out of olive wood! There we can tour the small workshop and look at all the interesting shapes and sculptures.
- We continue with the gorge of Topolia, where we stop for pictures, learn about the local history and legends and admire the dramatic scenery.
- Our next stop is the Chrisoskalitissa monastery, where we can explore, visit the museum and enjoy the view.
- And finally, we reach the beach! Our passengers can enjoy this beautiful natural reserve, that’s so well loved by visitors around the world! The perfect place for swimming and spending time under the sun.
- After swimming, there’s an optional stop for lunch at a very special restaurant. There we can enjoy traditional cretan food and an unexpected petting zoo!
- Our final stop is the Pnevmatikakis winery, where we go on a tour of the cellars and production and can even taste their wine and products!